Building a custom home is one of the biggest investments most families make in their lifetime. Unless you are fortunate enough to have an unlimited budget, you’ll likely have a few choices to make throughout the process. At Mueller Homes, we’ve been helping homeowners navigate these choices for over 25 years. So, we’ve compiled a list of the areas that homeowners get the most return on investment and long-term benefit.
- Location – Not only is this the most important aspect for resale and return on investment, but it’s also the one element where you should not compromise. Historically, strategically located property experiences stronger growth in value than poorly located property. Get a great location, build a beautiful home you love and you’ve got a win/win!
- Design Services – You can add enormous value to your home by investing in the services of a competent interior designer. Your dream home may not feel so dreamy when you bring in that 15-year-old sofa or chipped up bedroom suite. Make it easy on yourself and include a design budget in your custom home plan. You’ll enjoy the colors, furniture, and finishes selected when you work with a designer to create practical, functional, or lavish pieces that complement your lifestyle and make your dream home complete.
- Kitchen – No one ever complains about a kitchen being too big, having too much counter space, or too many cabinets. It is the heart of the home every day and on special occasions so make sure you invest wisely in your kitchen, planning for your needs today and down the road.
- Family Room – Oversize, don’t undersize, your family room. Make this room a little larger than you think you need and you’ll be glad you did!
- Room Size – Once your home is built, it’s often costly and a nuisance to expand a room because you’ve realized it’s too small. If you’re on a limited budget, It’s better to hold off on some of the finishes or upgrades rather than cut down the size of the rooms. You can add or change finishes later. Make sure the rooms meet your needs now and later.
Invest your money in the areas of your new custom home that will bring you the most long-term value and enjoyability! Contact Mueller Homes today for more ways to enhance your custom home building experience. Mueller Homes – Handcrafting Homes for your Lifestyle!