Mueller Homes is currently seeking an Assistant Superintendent to join our team. We are a luxury custom home builder with over 30 years of experience in the construction industry. Our average employee has over 10+ years of tenure with our company, so we look for individuals who seeking a long-term career path with a company that rewards hard work. Our reputation for quality and service has allowed us to grow and expand our business in the Maryland area.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for helping manage onsite teams and jobsite logistics along with supporting the project manager and/or superintendent. This role offers you an opportunity to demonstrate your capabilities and positively impact a project’s success while having long term career growth potential. If you thrive in an environment where you can be proud of your work and your company—we want to hear from you.
You play a key supportive role in steering the project in the right direction. Reporting directly to the Superintendent, this is your opportunity to demonstrate your ability to effectively lead, manage others, build relationships and deliver quality results.
As an Assistant Superintendent your primary responsibilities include:
• Direct support to the Project Manager/Superintendent
• Jobsite logistics to maintain project schedule, receive and organize materials, coordinate inspections, and oversee sub-contractors.
• Confirm specifications, monitor schedule, maintain jobsite cleanliness, and oversee quality control.
• Build strong relationships through effective communication with clients/owners, sub-contractors and inspection authorities.
• Proactively identify and strategically solve problems with minimal oversight.
• Maintain compliance and safety with construction codes, inspections, and government regulations.
• Organize project records and client selections including subcontracts, change orders, permits and drawings.
• Ensure all onsite operations are conducted safely, on-time, on-budget and to our high quality standards.
• Familiarity and utilization of technology for construction management, budgeting, and communication between all parties.
What You Bring to Us:
• 3-5 years of experience managing onsite construction operations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction-related codes, ordinances and regulations
• Proficiency with construction technology, construction management and BIM software
• Preferred, but not required, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in construction management/related field or 5+ years of experience
What Makes A Great Fit:
We are a luxury home builder serving discerning clientele. We value our employees – many of whom have been with us for over 15 years. If you take pride in your work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moment of turnover, when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary – you will enjoy working with the Mueller Homes team! In addition to a great culture, Mueller Homes offers compensation and benefits that let you and your family plan for the future.
Applicants can submit resume directly to Suzanne Ratti.